Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I never thought my mug would be on TV!

A couple of days ago, I sat down and began to write. It turned into a rambling mess about the traffic in Houston and the challenges of riding during the week. The more I wrote the angrier I got. In effect, I caught myself wallowing in frustration about a situation that will not change. So I set aside the laptop, put the leash on the dog, and headed to the park for what turned out to be one of the most relaxing tempo runs I have had in some time. No, it wasn't saddle time, but at least I got in some training without having to bob and weave my way through the evening traffic.

After returning home, I cleaned up, and decided to check my email before I, once again, began to write. I was amazed at what I found. There was a message from Cancare asking me if I would be interested in appearing on Great Day Houston with Debra Duncan. I mean, how cool is that! The subject matter is young cancer survivors, my bike ride across America, and Cancare. Who would have ever thought that a short time ago I was struggling to regain my health while trying to come to terms with a terribly uncertain future. Now, I'm back teaching school, I will be riding my bike across the U.S., was highlighted in a Cancare newsletter, and will appear on TV in the morning.

I'm blessed. That's all I can say. I get to go on TV, if for only a few minutes, and talk about riding a bike for an organization that I feel so strongly about. Wow! I suppose it's a good thing to think to reach for what is possible rather than spending time dwelling on what will never change.

The show will appear May 12th on channel 11, from 9-10am. I have no idea what to expect, so I hope it goes well. Either way, it's a cool thing to let people know that Cancare does good for those currently not at their best. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment