Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kema and the Space City ride

The Space City ride made for a good time. As things worked out, I met a buddy in Kema who was riding with his wife. I got to their house about 6:30 am, and we left just shy of 8:00. We hadn't seen each other in a while so it was good to catch up and slowly get ready for the ride. The weather was so good we road from their front door to the start and added about 15 miles each way to the ride.

It seemed to go unsaid that we were not going to push the pace or even worry about speed. I stopped and took a couple of pictures. Now that I think of it, they were taken from the parking lot of a kalache shop and the front of a coffee house. It was a day of little concern and steady miles. Not exactly training, I suppose, but 65 miles is 65 miles and, at this point, I'm after time in the saddle.

I got home in time to start paitning the upstairs bedroom. A project which took a bit longer than anticipated. In fact, it cut into a lot of after work riding time this week. Either way, it's good to start getting some of the projects around the house done before the Trans Am ride.

With the trip planned and details in order, the focus, for this month, is long miles and time in the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment