Saturday, January 1, 2011

6/14/10

We left Council, Idaho today. It was a beautiful day with warm winds and clear skies. We road up hill, again, for a while but the road soon leveled out. We covered 91 miles in an effort to regain what we lost yesterday.

The day was a long, tough, day in the saddle. Fatigue forced me to put additional effort into each pedal stroke. I felt like I was going to bonk this morning and initially thought I just needed to eat a big lunch. Actually, eating frequently rather than a lot proved beneficial. Hopefully my body is adapting rather than breaking down.

I watched as the landscape changed from pine trees and wind swept valleys back to mountain passes. I was struck by the wind washed land and the hardiness of both the people and the vegetation. Oregon seemed much more lush and easier on its people.

No comments:

Post a Comment