Sunday, March 28, 2010

CanCare

https://www4980.ssldomain.com/cancare/make-donation.asp

It seems like the majority of the planning is complete. Over the last couple of months, I have been grinding away at the details. I set up an ebay account and sold the bike I currently own to purchase the Surly Cross Check, the bike which will take me across the U.S. I got together with Bike Barn, made decisions related to the best bike set up for the trip, researched and purchased panniers, and ordered maps from http://adventurecycles.com. I met with Doug, a rider from Virginia, in Austin a couple of weeks ago. He seemed like a pretty low key guy who will face challenges as they appear. I set up this blog to chronicle the events of the trip and raise money for Cancare. I am happy to say that donations are gradually starting to appear. I have been amazed by the generosity of people. If you are inclined to donate, the link below will take you directly to the Cancare donation page. All of the money will go directly to CanCare and not toward the funding of my trip. You will receive a thank you letter which will also serve as your tax free notification.
https://www4980.ssldomain.com/cancare/make-donation.asp

My journey across the United States is a personal challenge which, I'm hoping, will serve as a marker indicating a return to health. Part of this journey involves raising funds so the CanCare staff and volunteers can continue doing good for a group of people struggling through a rough time in their lives. Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment