Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's who I am

I have thought for some time how I wanted to start this blog. The only thing I knew for certain was that I didn't want it to be solely about me. I didn't want to babble on about how I love to ride my bike, or how I love the solitude of trail running with my dog. There is no doubt I love these activities, but in and of themselves there is not the level of significance that I am looking for.
Just recently, I realized that I have been focusing on my interest in running and riding in an effort to escape who I really am. I am a cancer survivor. After Sept. 25th. 2008, my reality, my very perception of who I am changed. I struggle to regain that perception.
This blog is about my journey as a cancer survivor. It is a journey I hope to chronicle as I run and ride my way through a life full of challenge, hardship, beauty, and friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment